- The measuring process is very important so please follow our guidelines. Following the guidelines accurately will help you to choose the size with the closest fit.
- If at any time you are confused or have a question, please give us a call at 626-396-1900. Our Studio hours are 9:30am – 5:30pm Pacific time, M-F.
- Our dresses are individually made as ordered, based on the size you choose. They are not custom made to your measurements and are not returnable. Alterations are typically needed so please allow additional time for adjustments to be made to your dress at a local tailor before your event.
- Please, we beg you, for the best fit DO NOT look at your largest measurement on the chart and automatically choose that size. If you are sizing between sizes, we can help you determine correct sizing for the dress that you are ordering. For example, if you are ordering one of our styles that “poofs” out around the hips, you will have more wiggle room with your hip measurement. If you are still confused or concerned (who isn’t?), please call before ordering. Split sizing is sometimes available for an added cost. It is very rare that someone is a perfect size.
- THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! – Please print our “Measurement Form” and take it with you to wherever you are being measured. Everyone measures differently and you will need to be measured per our form.
- We STRONGLY suggest that you are professionally measured.
- Please have measurements taken over undergarments appropriate to the dress you will be wearing. If this is not possible, please make sure your outfit is form fitting. (Jeans and a sweatshirt are not a good ideaJ).
- Please ask the person doing your measurements NOT to build in ease*, as the finished dresses have suitable ease built in. Again, please make sure that our “Measurement Form” is followed exactly.
*ease -- To fit comfortably, a garment must have ease built into it; ease is added so that you can move in the garment.
Just to re-cap:
- BUST: Measure across the fullest part of the bust. (We want the “girls” to fit in the dress)
- WAIST: Please see the “Measurement Form” for a picture (also to the right here)
*** HOLD ON GIRLS…. IT MAY NOT BE WHERE YOU THINK IT IS…. IT’S NOT WHERE OUR JEANS SIT ***
Measure 4” down from the underwire
- HIP: (We know… this one is no fun) Measure 9” down from your waist measurement.
- BRA/CUP SIZE: You don’t need a tailor for this one
Please look at your measurements and compare them with our Size Chart. The measurements on the Size Chart are BODY MEASUREMENTS, not finished dress measurements. The dress will be appropriately larger than the measurements (this is so that you can zip it up, be able to breathe and/or sit down).
If you are falling between sizes or have any confusion about which size to order, please pick up the phone and call. We are here to help.